My Account

Forums

Home Forums General Events vanilla JS

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim Littley
      Participant

Does anybody have an example of vanilla javascript event listener for WS Form? Or does it have to be wrapped in jQuery function?

I was hoping this would work:

document.addEventListener('wsf-rendered', function() {
      console.log ("rendered");
      });

Cheers,

–Tim

Mark Westguard
      Keymaster

Hi Tim

Our triggers are jQuery and not native so you would need to use a jQuery wrapper and use ‘on’ to detect that event per our knowledge base page.

Run JavaScript on Form Load

Thanks!

Mark

Tim Littley
      Participant

Thanks for clarifying Mark,

Speaking of events. I think I know the answer but does WS Form have a separate “rendered” event for modal? The current rendered event fires on page/form load. If modal has not yet been triggered then the form (within the modal) is not really 100% rendered.

I don’t think WS Form fires a second rendered event when a modal is opened, could be wrong though.

Cheers,

Tim

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Tim Littley.
      Mark Westguard
      Keymaster

Unfortunately there is no way for us to know if a form has been loaded in a modal or not, but if the modal fires the required JavaScript to render the form, it’ll use the same wsf-rendered event.

Tim Littley
      Participant

Got it thanks. My particular modal implementation does render the form before the modal is visible, i.e. the rendered event fires.

I think where I was having some difficulty is that not all of the objects in the form are computed until after the modal becomes visible (based available viewport). In any case I found a workaround.

Thanks,

Tim

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login