The WS Form JS / CSS is only loaded on pages that contain a form.
– The size of your form
– Which field types you have on a form (e.g. Select2, Signature, Data/Time Picker, Color Picker etc are all loaded separately to minimize loading itmes)
– Whether WS Form is configured to use CDN or local versions of external libraries. We allow you to use CDN versions of all third party libraries.
– Whether you have framework / skin CSS enabled (this can be disable if you wish to use your own CSS)
– Whether your site has SCRIPT_DEBUG set to true or false. We honor this global and deliver a minimized version of the scripts if it is set to false.
– Whether WS Form is configured to pre-compile CSS (See Global Settings –> Advanced)
– Whether WS Form is configured to use inline CSS (See Global Settings –> Advanced)
– Whether your server hosting is using gzip etc
Therefore, it is not really possible to state how many KB is used. It varies considerably according to your configuration and server setting.
We try our best to minimize this and we have plans to cut this down further in the near future. As with all plugins / frameworks there will always be some redundancy over custom coding from ground up.