GDPR requires you provide users with a method of deleting their data from your records. WordPress has a ‘Data Erasure Request’ feature that is seamlessly integrated with WS Form.
To create a data erasure request form:
- Click ‘Add New’ from the WS Form administration menu.
- Click the ‘GDPR’ tab at the top.
- Click the ‘Data Erasure Request’ template.
- Click ‘Publish’ when the form is created.
- Add the form to your website.
For more information about GDPR, click here.
Manually Creating a Data Erasure Request Form
You can also manually create a Data Erasure Request form. You will need a form that has an Email field on it. To do this:
- When editing your form, click the ‘Actions’ icon at the top of the page. The ‘Actions’ sidebar will open on the right-hand side of the page.
- Click the ‘Add’ icon to add a new action.
- Select ‘Data Erasure Request’ from the Action pulldown.
- Select the ‘Email’ field on your form for the ‘Email Field’ setting.
- Click ‘Save’ at the bottom.