It is possible to pre-populate a form with WordPress post data using the Post Management add-on. The data could be from a page, post or any other custom post type registered in your theme.
To do this:
- Install and activate the Post Management add-on.
- Click the form settings icon in the top toolbar.
- Click on the ‘Data’ tab.
- Check the ‘Populate Using Action’ setting.
- Select ‘Post Management’ from the ‘Action To Populate From’ dropdown.
- Select the the post type you would like to populate data from.
- For the ‘Post ID’ setting, you can either enter a literal post ID (e.g. 123) or if you would like to dynamically populate the data using a query string variable, enter:
#query_var("post_id"). This will enable you to populate the form using a post ID specified in the URL. For example: https://yourwebsite.com/page-with-form/?post_id=123
- Use the field mapping, meta mapping and tag mapping settings to determine which fields, meta and tag (WordPress terms) you would like to populate into which fields of your form. Click the ‘Add’ icon to add new mappings.
- Click ‘Save’.