WS Form offers a robust error notification feature for form submissions. In certain instances, while processing a submission, errors may arise. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Third party API integration errors
- Email sending errors
- Run WordPress Hook PHP errors
In such cases, WS Form can ensure that you’re promptly informed via error emails, enabling quick identification and resolution of the issues.
To enable email notifications when errors occur:
- Click on Settings in the WS Form menu.
- Click on the Reporting tab.
- In the Form Submission Error Email section, check Enable.
- Use the Frequency setting to specify how frequently you would like to receive error emails. Setting this to every minute, hour or day prevents too many emails being sent to you should you have a high traffic website.
- Enter the email address(es) you would like the emails to be sent to in the Email To setting. The emails are sent to the blog administrator email by default.
- Optionally enter a custom subject line in the Email Subject setting.
- Click Save Changes.
You need to ensure that your WordPress installation is correctly configured to send emails. We recommend using an SMTP plugin to improve email deliverability.