Form spam and bogus comment creation have plagued WordPress since inception. Human Presence utilizes anonymized behavior analysis and proprietary algorithms to invisibly detect and eliminate malicious bot activity without complicated configuration.
WS Form is fully integrated with Human Presence and provides a convenient and effective way of tackling form submissions from non-human sources.
Any submissions that are checked by Human Presence will be graded for spam, and a colored circle will accompany the submission in the WS Form submissions page. Red = blatant spam, Orange = possible spam, Green = not considered spam.
Activate Human Presence
In order to use this action, you will need to have the Human Presence plugin installed and activated. To learn more about Human
Note: Version 3.2+ of the Human Presence plugin is required.
Additionally you need to enable protection for your form. To do this:
- Click on ‘Human Presence’ in the WordPress admin menu.
- Check the ‘Enabled’ switch for the form you want to protect. Alternatively you can click ‘Settings’ and enable the Auto-Protection setting (Note: If you add a new form you may need to re-enable this settings).
Configure Human Presence
To configure how Human Presence responses are processed:
- Click the settings icon at the top of the layout editor.
- Click the ‘Spam’ tab.
You are then presented with the following options under the Human Presence section:
This setting lets you determine what to do if it determined that a non-human is submitting the form.
- Reject Non-Human – If a submission is determined to be non-human the submission is abandoned. No actions or add-ons will run.
- Use Spam Threshold – Human Presence will score the submission between 0 (Not spam) and 100 (Blatant spam) and WS Form will use this score in conjunction with the spam threshold setting (at the bottom of the sidebar) to determine if the submission should be placed in the submissions spam folder. Actions and add-ons will run.
Bypass if Administrator
If checked this action will not run if you are signed in as an administrator. This is a useful feature to enable while you are developing forms.
Click ‘Save & Close’ or ‘Save’ to save your settings.
To learn more about Human Presence, click here.