WS Form uses field IDs for variables such as:
In the example above, the field ID would be 123 and this would output the value of that field.
Enabling Field IDs
If you ‘kept it simple’ while setting up WS Form, field ID’s are switched off. To make field IDs visible:
- Click on ‘Settings’ under ‘WS Form’ in the WordPress admin menu (on the left).
- Click the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Check ‘Field IDs’
- Click ‘Save’
Field ID Locations
Field IDs can be found:
- In the field (Shown next to the field type and underneath the label).
- When you hover over a field.
- At the top of the field settings sidebar. The field settings sidebar is shown when you click the settings icon on a field.