The Run WordPress Search action initiates a WordPress search. It redirects the web browser to the normal WordPress search results page.
Tip: We recommend enabling the Enable Form Submit on Enter setting under Form Processing in the Form Settings sidebar. This will enable the user to type a keyword and then type Enter to initiate the search.
Adding This Action
To add a Run WordPress Search action:
- When editing your form, click the Actions icon at the top of the page. The Actions sidebar will open on the right-hand side of the page.
- Click the Add icon to add a new action.
- Select Run WordPress Search from the Action pulldown. A series of settings will appear.
As with all sidebars in WS Form, click the Save button at the bottom to save your changes, or click Cancel to disregard your changes.
The Run WordPress Search action settings are as follows:
When Should This Action Run?
You can choose to run the WordPress hook when the form is saved, submitted, or both.
Search Query Field
Select the field you would like to use for the search query. The content of that field will be used as the keyword(s) of the WordPress search. We recommend using a Search field.
Filter By Post Types
This feature enables you to limit the search to certain post types. To add a post type:
- Click the Add icon to add a new post type.
- Select the post type from the dropdown.
- Repeat this for each post type you wish to filter by.