The Google Sheets add-on uses oAuth to connect to Google and will automatically keep the connection alive. oAuth provides an efficient way of establishing and maintaining a secure connection to Google.
Although unusual, the Google Sheets add-on may present an error because the oAuth connection to Google has dropped. This could be because of a persistent network error between your website and the Google API.
You may see this error:
json key is missing the client_id field
To reconnect Google Sheets, please follow these steps:
Remove the WS Form app from your Google Account
- Go to: https://myaccount.google.com/permissions
- In the Third-party apps with account access section, click on WS Form (If it is not present, skip to the next set of instructions).
- Click Remove Access.
Reconnect WS Form to your Google Account
- In WordPress, click on Settings from the WS Form admin menu.
- Click the Google Sheets tab.
- Click on the Disconnect button (if visible).
- Click the Sign in with Google button to reconnect to Google Sheets.
- Follow the online prompts to re-connect WS Form to Google Sheets ensuring you allow the required permissions.
If problems persist, try the above reconnection steps again ensuring that Google prompts for permissions.
Also ensure that you are running the latest version of the WS Form Google Sheets add-on.