The PDF add-on allows you to attach a PDF file to emails, as well as export PDFs from the submissions page.
Note: The PDF add-on uses Published forms. Please ensure your form has been published before using the PDF add-on.
The WS Form PDF plugin is installed in the same way as installing the WS Form PRO plugin.
Once installed you will need to activate the license for the plugin. When you purchase the PDF plugin, you will be given a license key. If you have lost your license key(s), click here.
To activate your license key:
- Click ‘WS Form’ in the WordPress administration menu.
- Click ‘Settings’.
- Click the ‘PDF’ tab at the top of the page.
- Enter your license key.
- Click the ‘Activate’ button.
If your license key fails to activate, please ensure you are using the correct license key and not your WS Form PRO license key.
Attaching a PDF to an Email Action
To attach a PDF to a Send Email action:
- When editing your form, click the ‘Actions’ icon at the top of the page. The ‘Actions’ sidebar will open on the right-hand side of the page.
- Click the ‘Add’ icon to add a new action (or select an existing ‘Send Email’ action).
- Scroll down through the settings until you see the ‘Attach PDF’ checkbox.
- Check the ‘Attach PDF’ checkbox.
- Click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom.
Now when the email is sent, a PDF attachment of your submitted data will be included with the email.
Export Submission PDFs
To create a PDF of a submission:
- View the submissions of a form.
- In the left-most column, click on ‘Export PDF’.
Adding Page Breaks
When you install the PDF add-on, a new field type will appear in the form editor field types called ‘Page Break’. Simply drag that onto your form, and a page break will appear in your PDF at that point. This is useful for formatting PDFs that are created from your form submissions. This field type does not have any settings.